- Although you may have many years of project management experience behind you, your answer must be based on the Project Management Institutes, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) – Fourth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2008. At Velopi.com, we provide additional condensed material and notes for you to read. Our questions have a justification for the right answer and in many cases a PMBOK® Guide page reference to back it up. So if you need to, you can read the relevant section of the PMBOK® Guide and not have to search the whole document for the answer.
- Get the help of a certified PMP® tutor who specializes in helping people pass the exam. The PMP® exam is a multiple choice exam and you will benefit greatly from the advice of somebody who delivers project management courses and knows the “language” and format of the PMP® exam inside out.
- Use PMP® sample questions. This will help you get to grips with the structure of the exam and will give you the extra confidence you need when it’s time to sit the real thing.
- Develop your own study plan and keep to it. People often say study “hard” but it’s also wise to study “efficiently”. Take study breaks as necessary and review the previous session’s material at the start of the next session. Study in the morning or study in the evening; whatever suits you! Everybody studies differently. Find the method that best suits you and stick to it!
- One final piece of good advice for the PMP® exam is to try and decide what the right answer is before looking at the 4 options. You have done the study; you have the project management real-life experience; you have stored some information so you could leverage these sources first to come up with the right answer. This will prevent you from becoming confused by the alternatives. We always advise you look at all alternatives and see if there is any merit in the answer. But if you tend to get confused by the alternatives; try this advice.
PMBOK, PMP, PgMP, CAPM, PMI-SP and PMI-RMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.