HR (Human Resources) is considered to be one of the “easier” exam topics – however still requires attention before sitting your PMP® Exam as it is a frequently asked question in the exam. At our recent Limerick PMP® Exam Preparation Course, we discussed some of the following aspects of HR for the PMP® Exam.
What are the characteristics of an effective team?
Here are just a few attributes of a successful team:
• High level of commitment to common and inspiring goals/vision
• Team are innovative and creative
• Roles and responsibilities are clearly defined
• Conflict can lead to better results
• Effective communication systems
• Trust and co-operation exist
• Everyone opinion is heard and valued
• Project members are empowered
• Appreciation and praise is the norm
• Success is celebrated
What are the characteristics of an ineffective team?
Some of the features of a problem team:
- No direction – lack of clear objectives
- Divergent outlooks
- Team leadership issues
- Communication issues
- Frustrations and issues raised outside meetings
- Decisions are slow and imposed
- No listening – score settling
- Politics & Gossip
- New ideas rejected – people stop suggestions
- A few talk the most
- Errors are punished
PMBOK, PMP, PgMP, CAPM, PMI-SP and PMI-RMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.