Certified Associate In Project Management (CAPM)® Training Overview
Take your first steps to professional project management and increase your likelihood of success in obtaining the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® accreditation. Understanding how a project is run and managed is essential for all team members and junior Project Managers. This advanced knowledge ensures that everyone can participate fully in the project process under a shared clear understanding, fostering a successful, focused and performance-based team. By attending this Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® training course, you will get a detailed introduction to project management and be positioned to gain a valuable entry-level certification for project practitioners. You will learn all the essential elements of project management in accordance with PMI® standards and you will be prepared to take and pass the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification exam.
Next Start DatesTo be confirmed
Early booking discounted fee:
- 5 Days
- Tutor on call
- Exam simulator
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand PMI® recognised project management tools, techniques and methods for the five process groups of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling and closing
- Comprehend and appreciate PMI® methodologies and definitions
- Satisfy the 23 hour formal project management training requirement for PMI®’s CAPM® professional certification
- Be comfortable with the CAPM® examination format and typical question styles
Give yourself the best chance of passing the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam.
This course is aimed at non-experienced project team members and junior Project Managers who want to gain an internationally recognised certification in Project Management.
- CAPM® Exam Format
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Project Professional Responsibility / Ethics Management
- Post course follow-up support
- CAPM® exam simulator
The course will:
- Provide assistance with the PMI® membership, CAPM® Exam registration, CAPM® Application form preparation and credential application procedure
- Provide 23 hours of accredited project management training required by PMI® prior to the CAPM® application process
- Provide modules covering all exam material, broken up similarly to the PMI®’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Provide 20 CAPM® questions after each section to confirm participants' understanding of subject matter
- E-mail and Phone support as necessary from CAPM® certified tutor until CAPM® Certification is achieved
- Provide a framework of to enable trainees to obtain the PMI® specific understanding required to pass the examination
- Provide access to our 300 (2 x 150) CAPM® Exam questions in the Velopi CAPM® Exam Simulator
- Provide one-on-one feedback regarding performance in each knowledge area to allow trainees to focus on areas requiring improvement.
Following successful completion of the separate Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Exam, the award of CAPM® will be awarded by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
To apply for the CAPM® Credential you must first satisfy the following requirements:
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) AND At least 1,500 hours experience
OR 23 hours of project management education.
If you have logged hours leading and directing projects, you may want to see if you are ready for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential.
We are Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute®. Our training materials and course structure have been reviewed against PMI®’s quality standards and are continually updated to match the current CAPM® Role Delineation study. Our CAPM® Instructors are certified Project Management Professionals with years of experience in Project Management in local and international markets. We can offer courses in-house or at our own training facilities. Courses can be tailored to meet client needs where sufficient numbers are enrolled. We provide unparalleled one to one support to all course participants in the lead up to and after the Project Management Professional Exam. Free Access to Velopi’s online 300 (2 x 150) Question CAPM® Exam Simulator.
Make an enquiry
Keep up to Date & Certified (PDUs)
Your career is a journey, and you’ll need to stay relevant as the profession evolves and as the needs of employers grow and change. Maintaining your PMI® certification is a significant competitive advantage. It keeps you relevant and helps you better position yourself as the answer to a company's demand.
To keep your certification and keep you relevant and competitive for employer demanded skills, you’ll need to participate in professional development activities, and earn and report professional development units (PDUs.) The goal is to ensure that your certified competencies stay relevant and up to date.
There are tons of opportunities to earn PDUs. PMP® credential holders love Velopi's PDU Centre because it's the easiest way to earn and document the 60 hours of professional development units (PDUs) that are required over a 3 year period.
As a learner with us, Velopi's PDU Centre helps you earn and report your Education PDUs to keep up to date and maintain your certification through our classes, seminars and webinars as well as self directed learning. Visit the Velopi PDU Centre to see our upcoming classes and webinars and Discover ways to earn PDUs or report earned PDUs with our Velopi PDU Centre.
Hear what our students say...
As a small and rapidly growing company, the Velopi team helped our Senior Management team introduce a common terminology, develop the company’s project management model and processes and apply it to our resource management and planning of Client projects every day so that, as a Company, we succeed in delivering quality projects, on time and on budget to our Clients.”
Scientific Officer, Atlantia
Industry Experts that help you SucceedMeet the Team
Managing Director & Founder
Seamus Collins has led Velopi since he founded the company in 2007. He has developed Velopi into the internationally recognised specialist in Project Management that’s helped hundreds of companies accelerate their growth.
Senior Training Consultant
An excellent communicator, John has a proven track record of delivering training and analysing training needs of project management training and consultancy to a range of companies across the IT, Telecommunications, Finance and Life Science sectors.
A learning and development professional for the past 10 years, consulting with a variety of well-known and successful organisations, Michael holds two Masters degrees, MA Learning & Development and MSc Project Management.