Certified Associate In Project Management (CAPM)® Training Overview
Take your first steps to professional project management and increase your likelihood of success in obtaining the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® accreditation.
Understanding how a project is run and managed is essential for all team members and junior Project Managers. They require advanced knowledge of the project management process in order to foster a successful, high-performing team and well-informed stakeholders.
By attending this Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® training course, you will get a detailed introduction to project management and be positioned to gain a valuable entry-level certification for project practitioners. You will learn all the essential elements of project management in accordance with PMI® standards and you will be prepared to take and pass the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification exam.
Next Available DateTo be confirmed
Early booking discounted fee:
- 4 Days
- Tutor on call
- Exam simulator
- Employ PMI®-recognised project management tools and techniques to manage a project from initiation through to closing
- Converse with other practitioners using PMI® terminology
- Satisfy the 23 hour formal project management training requirement for PMI®’s CAPM® professional certification
- Analyse the question-style used in the CAPM® examination and avoid the pitfalls buit in to these questions
- Attempt the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam with confidence
This course is ideal for people recently promoted to a project management role, or for those who see project management in their future career paths.
If you seek a solid grounding in project management and an internationally-recognised qualification in this area, this course is for you.
- CAPM® Exam Format and the Velopi CAPM® simulator
- Foundational Elements of Project Management
- The Project Environment
- The Role of the Project Manager
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Project Professional Responsibility / Code of Ethics
- Post course follow-up support and unlimited use of the simulator until the exam day
The course will:
- Provide assistance with the PMI® membership, CAPM® Exam registration, CAPM® Application form preparation and credential application procedure
- Provide 23 hours of accredited project management training required by PMI® prior to the CAPM® application process
- Provide modules covering all exam material, broken up similarly to the PMI®’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Provide 20 CAPM® questions after each section to confirm participants' understanding of subject matter
- E-mail and Phone support as necessary from CAPM® certified tutor until CAPM® Certification is achieved
- Provide a framework of to enable trainees to obtain the PMI® specific understanding required to pass the examination
- Provide access to our 300 (2 x 150) CAPM® Exam questions in the Velopi CAPM® Exam Simulator
- Provide one-on-one feedback regarding performance in each knowledge area to allow trainees to focus on areas requiring improvement.
General Admission Requirements
To apply for this course, you need to be:
- Proficient in both written and verbal English. In other words, if English is not your first language, you must have a minimum overall International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band, or the equivalent Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score.
- Reasonable numerate – i.e. understand basic arithmetic. Thus we require learners to have at least a Junior Certificate, or equivalent.
- Computer literate. To access our learning management systems and virtual classroom-based courses, you need to be comfortable with basic information and communications technology. You are also expected to provide their own computer equipment to access our learning systems.
The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Exam is proctored by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Students qill have to pay the PMI® separately to sit the exam and their certificate (if successful) will be awarded by the PMI® directly.
To apply for the CAPM® Credential you must first satisfy the following requirements:
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) AND At least 1,500 hours project management experience
OR 23 hours of project management education.
If you have logged hours leading and directing projects, you may want to see if you are ready for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential.
We are an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute®.
Our CAPM® Instructors are certified Project Management Professionals (PMPs)® with decades of experience in Project Management in local and international markets.
We can offer courses in-house or at our own training facilities. Courses can be tailored to meet client needs where sufficient numbers are enrolled.
We provide unparalleled one to one support to all course participants in the lead up to and after the Project Management Professional Exam.
Free Access to Velopi’s online 300 (2 x 150) Question CAPM® Exam Simulator.
Make an enquiry
Keep up to Date & Certified (PDUs)
Your career is a journey, and you’ll need to stay relevant as the profession evolves and as the needs of employers grow and change. Maintaining your PMI® certification is a significant competitive advantage. It keeps you relevant and helps you better position yourself as the answer to a company's demand.
To keep your certification and keep you relevant and competitive for employer demanded skills, you’ll need to participate in professional development activities, and earn and report professional development units (PDUs.) The goal is to ensure that your certified competencies stay relevant and up to date.
There are tons of opportunities to earn PDUs. PMP® credential holders love Velopi's PDU Centre because it's the easiest way to earn and document the 60 hours of professional development units (PDUs) that are required over a 3 year period.
As a learner with us, Velopi's PDU Centre helps you earn and report your Education PDUs to keep up to date and maintain your certification through our classes, seminars and webinars as well as self directed learning. Visit the Velopi PDU Centre to see our upcoming classes and webinars and Discover ways to earn PDUs or report earned PDUs with our Velopi PDU Centre.
Hear what our students say...
As a small and rapidly growing company, the Velopi team helped our Senior Management team introduce a common terminology, develop the company’s project management model and processes and apply it to our resource management and planning of Client projects every day so that, as a Company, we succeed in delivering quality projects, on time and on budget to our Clients.”
Scientific Officer, Atlantia
Industry Experts that help you SucceedMeet the Team
Managing Director & Founder | Velopi
Seamus Collins has led Velopi since he founded the company in 2007. He has developed Velopi into the internationally recognised specialist in Project Management that’s helped hundreds of companies accelerate their growth.
Senior Training Consultant | Velopi
An excellent communicator, John has a proven track record of delivering training and analysing training needs of project management training and consultancy to a range of companies across the IT, Telecommunications, Finance and Life Science sectors.
Training Consultant | Velopi
A learning and development professional for the past 10 years, consulting with a variety of well-known and successful organisations, Michael holds two Masters degrees, MA Learning & Development and MSc Project Management.