Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Topic - Human Resources
At our recent Dublin PMP® Exam Preparation Course, we discussed some of the following aspects of HR for the PMP® Exam.
What are the different Leadership Styles?
* Directing: Telling others what to do
* Facilitating: Co-ordinating the input of others
* Coaching: Instructing others
* Supporting: Providing assistance during the project
* Autocratic: Making decisions without input
* Consultative: Inviting ideas from others
* Consensus: Problem solving within group; decision making based on group agreement
What does the Human Resource Plan Include?
HR Plan includes Enterprise Environmental Factors, Organisational Process Assets and Activity Resource Requirements.
The following are just a couple of definitions found in the Human Resource Plan:
RAM - Responsibility Assignment Matrix: RAM is used to illustrate connections between work packages and project team members.
RACI - Responsible, accountable, consult, inform: Shows all the activities associated with one person and all people associated with one activity.
OBS - Organizational Breakdown Structure: Hierarchical-type chart which is arranged according to an organization’s existing departments, units, or teams with the project activities or work packages listed under each department.
Resource Histogram - Illustrates resource utilization over time.
These are just two aspects of the HR section of the PMP® Exam. Remember to cover this section of the course before you sit your PMP® Exam. Best of Luck!
Don’t forget to follow us on twitter!
PMBOK, PMP, PgMP, CAPM, PMI-SP and PMI-RMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.