PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep Course Overview
Most upcoming courses are subsidised by skillnets - click on info next to dates for more details
Pass the Professional Project Management (PMP)® exam on your first attempt!
Velopi’s PMP® exam preparation course supports you from the PMP application process right through to success at the PMP® certification exam. Velopi is a Project Management Institute (PMI)® Authorized Training Partner (ATP). Training with an Authorized Partner is the only way to ensure you are learning “PMI-developed” PMP® exam prep material.
This course provides a detailed exploration of the syllabus and will explain the exam policies and procedures. Using sample exams covering the core exam material you will be exposed to questions having the same format as those in the actual exam.
You will get post-course support from the PMP® certified tutor and have unlimited access to our Exam Simulator which provides full trial exams to ensure you are well prepared to pass the PMP® exam.
Early booking discounted fee:
- 5 Days
- Tutor on call
- Exam simulator
- Certification Exam 4hrs
- Revise all core PMP® exam content and hot topics
- Identify and recognise the various types of PMP® exam questions
- Complete sample exams using our PMP® exam simulator
- Assemble an exam checklist allowing easy recall of mathematical formulae that appear on the exam
- Compile a PMP® exam strategy that will be used in the actual PMP® exam
- Become familiar with the exam policies and procedures
- Meet the 35 hour Project Management training requirement for the PMP® application
This Project Management Professional training course is aimed at experienced Project Managers.
If you meet any one of the following, then this (PMP® preparation) course is the perfect choice for your path to Project Management Professional Certification with the PMI®:
3 + years Industry experience of involvement in Projects
Experienced Project Managers with no formal PM qualifications
Project Managers looking for professional PM Certification
Professionals from a Construction, Information Technology, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Engineering or Service Industry etc. who are seeking to expand or develop their career into Project Management
Lesson 1: Creating a High-Performing Team
Topic A: Build a Team
Topic B: Define Team Ground Rules
Topic C: Negotiate Project Agreements
Topic D: Empower Team Members and Stakeholders
Topic E: Train Team Members and Stakeholders
Topic F: Engage and Support Virtual Teams
Topic G: Build Shared Understanding about a Project
Lesson 2: Starting the Project
Topic A: Determine Appropriate Project Methodology/Methods and Practices
Topic B: Plan and Manage Scope
Topic C: Plan and Manage Budget and Resources
Topic D: Plan and Manage Schedule
Topic E: Plan and Manage Quality of Products and Deliverables
Topic F: Integrate Project Planning Activities
Topic G: Plan and Manage Procurement
Topic H: Establish Project Governance Structure
Topic I: Plan and Manage Project/Phase Closure
Lesson 3: Doing the Work
Topic A: Assess and Manage Risks
Topic B: Execute Project to Deliver Business Value
Topic C: Manage Communications
Topic D: Engage Stakeholders
Topic E: Create Project Artifacts
Topic F: Manage Project Changes
Topic G: Manage Project Issues
Topic H: Ensure Knowledge Transfer for Project Continuity
Lesson 4: Keeping the Team on Track
Topic A: Lead a Team
Topic B: Support Team Performance
Topic C: Address and Remove Impediments, Obstacles and Blockers
Topic D: Manage Conflict
Topic E: Collaborate with Stakeholders
Topic F: Mentor Relevant Stakeholders
Topic G: Apply Emotional Intelligence to Promote Team Performance
Lesson 5: Keeping the Business in Mind
Topic A: Manage Compliance Requirements
Topic B: Evaluate and Deliver Project Benefits and Value
Topic C: Evaluate and Address Internal and External Business Environment Changes
Topic D: Support Organizational Change
Topic E: Employ Continuous Process Improvement
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Examination Content Outline
Following successful completion of the separate Project Management Professional (PMP®) Exam, the award of PMP® will be awarded by the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
The course will:
- Provide assistance with the PMI® membership, PMP® Exam registration, PMP® Application form preparation and credential application procedure.
- Provide 35 hours of accredited project management training required by PMI® prior to the PMP® application process.
- Provide modules covering all exam material, broken up similarly to the PMI®’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- Provide 20 PMP® questions after each section to confirm participants' understanding of subject matter.
- Provide e-mail and phone support as necessary from PMP® certified tutor until PMP® Certification is achieved.
- Provide a framework to enable trainees to obtain the PMI® specific understanding required to pass the examination.
- Provide access to our 800 PMP® Exam questions in the Velopi PMP® Exam Simulator.
- Provide one-on-one feedback regarding performance in each knowledge area to allow trainees to focus on areas requiring improvement.
General Admission Requirements
To apply for this course, you need to be:
- Proficient in both written and verbal English. In other words, if English is not your first language, you must have a minimum overall International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band, or the equivalent Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score.
- Reasonable numerate – i.e. understand basic arithmetic. Thus we require learners to have at least a Junior Certificate, or equivalent.
- Computer literate. To access our learning management systems and virtual classroom-based courses, you need to be comfortable with basic information and communications technology. You are also expected to provide their own computer equipment to access our learning systems.
Candidates for the PMP® exam must satisfy the Project Management Institute's eligibility requirements.
- 35 contact hours of formal training. Attending Velopi's PMP® exam preparation course will satisfy this requirement.
- Practical experience in project management.
If you have a bachelor's degree, you need 3 years / 36 months experience built up over the last eight years.
If you do not have a bachelor's degree, you need 5 years / 60 months experience built up over the last eight years.
Velopi will assist you in completing the PMI® application form.
We are a Project Management Institute (PMI)® Authorized Training Partner (ATP). We have access to all the PMI®'s training materials. Our PMP® Instructors are certified Project Management Professionals with years of experience in Project Management in local and international markets. They also have completed the Authorized Training Partner Train the Trainer – PMP® Exam Prep program and are equipped to deliver PMP® Exam Prep training content to PMI’s quality standards.
Here is our PMI® official seal.
We can offer courses in-house or at our own training facilities. Courses can be tailored to meet client needs where sufficient numbers are enrolled. We provide unparalleled one to one support to all course participants in the lead up to and after the Project Management Professional Exam. Free Access to Velopi’s online 800 Question PMP® Exam Simulator.
Make an enquiry
- Blended learning delivery model (self-paced e-learning and/or instructor-led options)
- Flexible pricing options
- Enterprise grade Learning Management System (LMS)
- Enterprise dashboards for individuals and teams
- 24/7 Learner assistance and support
Keep up to Date & Certified (PDUs)
Your career is a journey, and you’ll need to stay relevant as the profession evolves and as the needs of employers grow and change. Maintaining your PMI® certification is a significant competitive advantage. It keeps you relevant and helps you better position yourself as the answer to a company's demand.
To keep your certification and keep you relevant and competitive for employer demanded skills, you’ll need to participate in professional development activities, and earn and report professional development units (PDUs.) The goal is to ensure that your certified competencies stay relevant and up to date.
There are tons of opportunities to earn PDUs. PMP® credential holders love Velopi's PDU Centre because it's the easiest way to earn and document the 60 hours of professional development units (PDUs) that are required over a 3 year period.
As a learner with us, Velopi's PDU Centre helps you earn and report your Education PDUs to keep up to date and maintain your certification through our classes, seminars and webinars as well as self directed learning. Visit the Velopi PDU Centre to see our upcoming classes and webinars and Discover ways to earn PDUs or report earned PDUs with our Velopi PDU Centre.
Upcoming PDU Opportunities from Velopi's PDU centre
PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep Course
- 5 Days
- €1195 €1300
- View course
Project Management Essentials
- 2 Days
- View course
Project Management Essentials
- 2 Days
- View course
Hear what our students say...
As a small and rapidly growing company, the Velopi team helped our Senior Management team introduce a common terminology, develop the company’s project management model and processes and apply it to our resource management and planning of Client projects every day so that, as a Company, we succeed in delivering quality projects, on time and on budget to our Clients.”
Scientific Officer, Atlantia
Industry Experts that help you SucceedMeet the Team
Managing Director & Founder | Velopi
Seamus Collins has led Velopi since he founded the company in 2007. He has developed Velopi into the internationally recognised specialist in Project Management that’s helped hundreds of companies accelerate their growth.
Senior Training Consultant | Velopi
An excellent communicator, John has a proven track record of delivering training and analysing training needs of project management training and consultancy to a range of companies across the IT, Telecommunications, Finance and Life Science sectors.