PMI® Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® Overview
Unmanaged risks often lead to project failure, so effective risk management is essential to the success of every project. Project Managers who master risk-related concepts can help organizations manage both positive and negative risks. The PMI-RMP® exam prep training course focuses on planning and monitoring for risk throughout a project.
This 8-hour PMI-RMP® exam prep training course, delivered by our partner Project Management Academy®, prepares you to pass the exam on your first attempt when paired with your prior Project Management Professional (PMP)® training.
Project Management Academy® designed the course to provide detailed insights into the seven project risk management domains, then linking those domains back to core PMP® principles. Students completing the PMI-RMP® certification training will have the knowledge and skills needed to plan, manage and control project risks.
- 1 Day
- Tutor on call
- Exam simulator
In this course you will learn the concepts of the Risk Management Domains including:
- The knowledge needed to pass the PMI-RMP® Certification exam
- How to recognize and assess project risks, install solutions and capitalize on opportunities
- Understand how various environmental and organizational influences affect project management and risk management
- Effectively use all processes and focus in-depth on the 7 risk management processes
- Use all tools and techniques to better manage projects and related risks
- Employ appropriate methods to handle project changes and understand how certain changes may affect other aspects of the project (i.e. risks)
- Master each of the Risk Processes, their purpose and objectives, critical success factors, use of tools and techniques, and documentation of process results
While this risk management training is designed to prepare professionals to take and pass the PMI-RMP® certification exam, it can be taken by anyone who desires further knowledge in the management of uncertainty (risk) within projects.
- Course Introduction
- Risk Strategy and Planning
- Plan Risk Management
- Risk Breakdown Structure
- Strategy Development Method
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Stakeholder Sensitivity Analysis Models
- Stakeholder Risk Attitudes
- Stakeholder Risk Communication
- Risk Process Facilitation
- Cognitive Biases Effects on Risk
- Risk Identification tools and techniques
- Basic Qualitative Risk analysis tools
- Basic Quantitative Risk analysis tools
- Risk Monitoring and Reporting
- Project Risk Report formats
- Risk Response Planning
- Risk Reserve management
- Perform Specialized Risk Analysis
- Advanced risk identification techniques
- Overall Project Risk Analysis
- Advanced Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Quantitative Analysis Representation
- EVA analysis
- Mock Exam
Make an enquiry
Keep up to Date & Certified (PDUs)
Your career is a journey, and you’ll need to stay relevant as the profession evolves and as the needs of employers grow and change. Maintaining your PMI® certification is a significant competitive advantage. It keeps you relevant and helps you better position yourself as the answer to a company's demand.
To keep your certification and keep you relevant and competitive for employer demanded skills, you’ll need to participate in professional development activities, and earn and report professional development units (PDUs.) The goal is to ensure that your certified competencies stay relevant and up to date.
There are tons of opportunities to earn PDUs. PMP® credential holders love Velopi's PDU Centre because it's the easiest way to earn and document the 60 hours of professional development units (PDUs) that are required over a 3 year period.
As a learner with us, Velopi's PDU Centre helps you earn and report your Education PDUs to keep up to date and maintain your certification through our classes, seminars and webinars as well as self directed learning. Visit the Velopi PDU Centre to see our upcoming classes and webinars and Discover ways to earn PDUs or report earned PDUs with our Velopi PDU Centre.
Industry Experts that help you SucceedMeet the Team
Managing Director & Founder
Seamus Collins has led Velopi since he founded the company in 2007. He has developed Velopi into the internationally recognised specialist in Project Management that’s helped hundreds of companies accelerate their growth.
Senior Training Consultant
An excellent communicator, John has a proven track record of delivering training and analysing training needs of project management training and consultancy to a range of companies across the IT, Telecommunications, Finance and Life Science sectors.
A learning and development professional for the past 10 years, consulting with a variety of well-known and successful organisations, Michael holds two Masters degrees, MA Learning & Development and MSc Project Management.