Project Management Essentials Overview
Upcoming courses are subsidised by Limerick Chamber & ICBE Business Excellence skillnets.
This course provides you with a foundation in professional project management principles. Based on the Project Management Institute’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), you will be taken through the entire project lifecycle and will be introduced to the knowledge areas needed to manage any project effectively. Using a case study, you will complete the necessary steps to plan a project scope and schedule comprehensively. You will learn how to identify and manage risks and how to manage stakeholders' expectations via communication. On completion, you will be familiar with key project management terminology and have the tools and techniques needed to manage your own projects.
Skill LevelBasic Concepts of Project Management
- 2 Days
- Tutor on call
- Exam simulator
- Identify and define the key project phases
- Learn essential project management skills, concepts, tools and techniques
- Identify project stakeholders and map project deliverables to their needs
- Define and develop the project scope statement and Work Breakdown Structure
- Estimate project resources and durations
- Be able to schedule project tasks and develop a project schedule
- Manage the execution of the project and provide status reports to stakeholders
- Manage and Control any changes required or requested
- Successfully close out a project
- Determine what lessons can be learned
Individuals who need to strengthen their project management skills. It is especially suitable for people new to Project Management or project Team Members who need to interact more efficiently with the Project Manager and Project Stakeholders.
Introduction to Project Management fundamentals
- Project Charter
- Identifying stakeholders and their needs
- Scope Statement
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Estimation of Resources and Durations
- Developing timelines and schedules
- Plan Communications
- Risk Management
Project Monitor & Control
- Change Control
- Status Reporting
To apply for this course, you need to be:
- Proficient in both written and verbal English. In other words, if English is not your first language, you must have a minimum overall International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band, or the equivalent Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score.
- Reasonable numerate – i.e. understand basic arithmetic. Thus we require learners to have at least a Junior Certificate, or equivalent.
- Computer literate. To access our learning management systems and virtual classroom-based courses, you need to be comfortable with basic information and communications technology. You are also expected to provide their own computer equipment to access our learning systems.
Make an enquiry
Keep up to Date & Certified (PDUs)
Your career is a journey, and you’ll need to stay relevant as the profession evolves and as the needs of employers grow and change. Maintaining your PMI® certification is a significant competitive advantage. It keeps you relevant and helps you better position yourself as the answer to a company's demand.
To keep your certification and keep you relevant and competitive for employer demanded skills, you’ll need to participate in professional development activities, and earn and report professional development units (PDUs.) The goal is to ensure that your certified competencies stay relevant and up to date.
There are tons of opportunities to earn PDUs. PMP® credential holders love Velopi's PDU Centre because it's the easiest way to earn and document the 60 hours of professional development units (PDUs) that are required over a 3 year period.
As a learner with us, Velopi's PDU Centre helps you earn and report your Education PDUs to keep up to date and maintain your certification through our classes, seminars and webinars as well as self directed learning. Visit the Velopi PDU Centre to see our upcoming classes and webinars and Discover ways to earn PDUs or report earned PDUs with our Velopi PDU Centre.
Upcoming PDU Opportunities from Velopi's PDU centre
Project Management Essentials
- 2 Days
- View course
Introduction to Agile
- 1 Day
- €280 €430
- View course
PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep Course
- 5 Days
- €1195 €1300
- View course
Hear what our students say...
As a small and rapidly growing company, the Velopi team helped our Senior Management team introduce a common terminology, develop the company’s project management model and processes and apply it to our resource management and planning of Client projects every day so that, as a Company, we succeed in delivering quality projects, on time and on budget to our Clients.”
Scientific Officer, Atlantia
Industry Experts that help you SucceedMeet the Team
Managing Director & Founder | Velopi
Seamus Collins has led Velopi since he founded the company in 2007. He has developed Velopi into the internationally recognised specialist in Project Management that’s helped hundreds of companies accelerate their growth.
Senior Training Consultant | Velopi
An excellent communicator, John has a proven track record of delivering training and analysing training needs of project management training and consultancy to a range of companies across the IT, Telecommunications, Finance and Life Science sectors.