QQI Component Certificate in Project Management Overview
Master the essential skills and tools of Project Management. Complete a project and an assignment as part of this course to demonstrate your skills. This course introduces you to Project Management and provides you with the skills and tools to ensure you can successfully plan, manage and close your projects. Understand how to be proactive in your approach to risk management. Identify mitigation and contingency plans to ensure your project delivers within project constraints. Practice change control and status reporting to ensure your stakeholders' expectations are managed. You will be supported in the preparation of your project and assignment to complete this QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Project Management (Minor Award, Level 6, 6N4090 - 15 credits).
Next Available DateTo be confirmed
Early booking discounted fee:
- 3 Days
- Tutor on call
- Exam simulator
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Master project management skills, concepts, tools and techniques
- Create, structure and organize projects using project management tools
- Schedule project tasks and work packages effectively
- Estimate project cost & resource requirements
- Manage Project Risk and Communications
- Be proficient in Monitoring and Controlling project phase
- Determine the lessons learned from the project
This QQI Component Certificate in Project Management course is beneficial for those who are new or have just entered project management. The course provides an ideal introduction as a follow-up project and assignment in the workplace is required for certification. This ensures you can practice and apply the tools and techniques in the work environment. However, this is a course that can be customized to reflect the experiences and levels of participants. For more details on this please contact us.
Project Management Fundamentals
Project Monitoring and Control
Post course follow-up support
To apply for this course, you need to be:
- Proficient in both written and verbal English. In other words, if English is not your first language, you must have a minimum overall International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band, or the equivalent Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score.
- Reasonable numerate – i.e. understand basic arithmetic. Thus we require learners to have at least a Junior Certificate, or equivalent.
- Computer literate. To access our learning management systems and virtual classroom-based courses, you need to be comfortable with basic information and communications technology. You are also expected to provide their own computer equipment to access our learning systems.
- Supported by your organization and given opportunities in the workplace to manage an actual project (see assessment details).
This course is assessed by the learner completing:
- A Portfolio of Work (or Skills Demonstration) showing how you managed an actual project from initiation to closing. (70%)
- An essay (or Assignment) showing your understanding of the overall principles of project management and how you apply the tools and techniques introduced in the course to actual projects. (30%)
These will be graded by Velopi, but these grades will be externally adjudicated and the 6N4090 Component Certificate itself will be awarded by QQI.
Make an enquiry
Keep up to Date & Certified (PDUs)
Your career is a journey, and you’ll need to stay relevant as the profession evolves and as the needs of employers grow and change. Maintaining your PMI® certification is a significant competitive advantage. It keeps you relevant and helps you better position yourself as the answer to a company's demand.
To keep your certification and keep you relevant and competitive for employer demanded skills, you’ll need to participate in professional development activities, and earn and report professional development units (PDUs.) The goal is to ensure that your certified competencies stay relevant and up to date.
There are tons of opportunities to earn PDUs. PMP® credential holders love Velopi's PDU Centre because it's the easiest way to earn and document the 60 hours of professional development units (PDUs) that are required over a 3 year period.
As a learner with us, Velopi's PDU Centre helps you earn and report your Education PDUs to keep up to date and maintain your certification through our classes, seminars and webinars as well as self directed learning. Visit the Velopi PDU Centre to see our upcoming classes and webinars and Discover ways to earn PDUs or report earned PDUs with our Velopi PDU Centre.
Hear what our students say...
As a small and rapidly growing company, the Velopi team helped our Senior Management team introduce a common terminology, develop the company’s project management model and processes and apply it to our resource management and planning of Client projects every day so that, as a Company, we succeed in delivering quality projects, on time and on budget to our Clients.”
Scientific Officer, Atlantia
Industry Experts that help you SucceedMeet the Team
Managing Director & Founder | Velopi
Seamus Collins has led Velopi since he founded the company in 2007. He has developed Velopi into the internationally recognised specialist in Project Management that’s helped hundreds of companies accelerate their growth.
Senior Training Consultant | Velopi
An excellent communicator, John has a proven track record of delivering training and analysing training needs of project management training and consultancy to a range of companies across the IT, Telecommunications, Finance and Life Science sectors.
Training Consultant | Velopi
A learning and development professional for the past 10 years, consulting with a variety of well-known and successful organisations, Michael holds two Masters degrees, MA Learning & Development and MSc Project Management.