Vendor Management and Outsourcing Overview
More and more organisations are taking on the role of integrators, where large portions of projects are contracted out to third party vendors. For project managers this involves making sure that the third party delivers on the agreed contract.
Today’s off-shoring / outsourcing relationships are sophisticated. Based on well-defined strategies, they seek to integrate third-parties into the organization’s supply chain. These relationships are complicated and involve a lot more than one-off transactions. This course seeks to unravel how these relationships are set up and how they are managed during projects.”
This one day, practical course is designed to assist project managers in negotiating contracts with third-party vendors and managing these relationships through to successful conclusions. Although there are obvious benefits in terms of cost savings and organizational flexibility, vendor management does add complexity. Attending this course will expose you to the potential pitfalls and the steps needed to avoid them.
Next Available DateTo be confirmed
Skill LevelShort Courses
- 1 Day
- Tutor on call
- Exam simulator
- Differentiate between outsourcing and offshoring
- Decide when outsourcing is appropriate
- Distinguish between the strategic, transitional and operational phases of the outsourcing process
- Establish effective vendor relationships through strategic outsourcing
- Choose contracts appropriate to the work being outsourced
- Manage the performance of the work
- Deal with issues arising during the work, when performance is not satisfactory
This course is aimed at project managers who are on both sides of the outsourced relationship. It will provide those outsourcing work with the tools to set up contracts and manage them, while those undertaking contracted work will be aware of the consequences of different contract types and how to avoid contracts that transfer an unfair amount of risk on the vendor.
- Introduction to Vendor Management and Outsourcing
- Outsourcing & Offshoring
- Outsourcing decision frameworks
- Predicting successful outsourcing
- The Outsourcing Process
- Strategic phase
- Transition phase
- Operational phase
- Strategic outsourcing
- Identification & assessment
- Market search, assessment and supplier qualification
- Audit and approval
- Detailed audit, confidentiality, approved supplier list
- Project execution
- Contract negotiation, kick-off, execution
- Performance management
- Supplier report card, post contract review, continuous improvement
- Exercise: Fears of buyers & suppliers
- Service Level Agreements
- Identification & assessment
- Contract management
- Why is contract management important?
- What are the phases of a contract?
- Pre-contract engagement
- Contract set-up
- Contract management
- Contract close out
- How to negotiate and write a contract?
- What are the different types of contracts?
- The ins and outs of settling contractual disputes
- Contract lifecycle management and best practices
- Recap/Q&A session
- Transfer to work situation
Make an enquiry
Keep up to Date & Certified (PDUs)
Your career is a journey, and you’ll need to stay relevant as the profession evolves and as the needs of employers grow and change. Maintaining your PMI® certification is a significant competitive advantage. It keeps you relevant and helps you better position yourself as the answer to a company's demand.
To keep your certification and keep you relevant and competitive for employer demanded skills, you’ll need to participate in professional development activities, and earn and report professional development units (PDUs.) The goal is to ensure that your certified competencies stay relevant and up to date.
There are tons of opportunities to earn PDUs. PMP® credential holders love Velopi's PDU Centre because it's the easiest way to earn and document the 60 hours of professional development units (PDUs) that are required over a 3 year period.
As a learner with us, Velopi's PDU Centre helps you earn and report your Education PDUs to keep up to date and maintain your certification through our classes, seminars and webinars as well as self directed learning. Visit the Velopi PDU Centre to see our upcoming classes and webinars and Discover ways to earn PDUs or report earned PDUs with our Velopi PDU Centre.
Hear what our students say...
As a small and rapidly growing company, the Velopi team helped our Senior Management team introduce a common terminology, develop the company’s project management model and processes and apply it to our resource management and planning of Client projects every day so that, as a Company, we succeed in delivering quality projects, on time and on budget to our Clients.”
Scientific Officer, Atlantia
Industry Experts that help you SucceedMeet the Team
Managing Director & Founder | Velopi
Seamus Collins has led Velopi since he founded the company in 2007. He has developed Velopi into the internationally recognised specialist in Project Management that’s helped hundreds of companies accelerate their growth.
Senior Training Consultant | Velopi
An excellent communicator, John has a proven track record of delivering training and analysing training needs of project management training and consultancy to a range of companies across the IT, Telecommunications, Finance and Life Science sectors.
Training Consultant | Velopi
A learning and development professional for the past 10 years, consulting with a variety of well-known and successful organisations, Michael holds two Masters degrees, MA Learning & Development and MSc Project Management.